- Get married yesterday. If you’re waiting to “be ready” you’ll never be ready.
- Marriage is fun.
- Have babies. The sooner the better.
- Marriage is like sushi. It takes time to get used to it.
- Don’t worry if you feel like you have no idea what you’re doing. Nobody does.
- You will get gifts you didn’t ask for (and don’t need).
- Write thank you notes for every gift you get. (You have one year).
- Marriage is like meatloaf. Everyone does it differently, and what worked for your mom (or your spouse’s mom) may not work for you.
- Your spouse isn’t a replacement for your other friends.
- You probably won’t remember much from your wedding. Spend good money on a great photographer.
- Your children aren’t more important than your marriage.
- Marriage is like fantastic wine. It really does get better with age.
Published by R. J. Sheffler
I write. I read. And I eat.
View all posts by R. J. Sheffler